Friday, December 26, 2008

Best Of Cambridge, United Kingdom 2008

The following are some of the pictures taken recently, currently uploaded at you tube.
File size 80MB.
It is a slideshow lasting 4.45min going through 145 pictures.
Rendering is kept at its minimum to reduce file size.

Landscape pics are mostly done with the Tamron 16-24.

The close-up shots were all taken using 70-200mm f/4. It is a pleasure using the 70-200 as it trains you to think in a 'zoom' mode (same with macro lens, prime lenses etc).

The remaining ones were shot with my favourite walk-around lens- the 24-70.


Some of the shots were great from my point of view (there was a day where I just stood at one place for a solid 1.5hours shooting close-ups with my 70-200. Resulted in many rewarding photos).

Also, some were HDRs (some landscape pics)- To do this, a sturdy tripod is a must. I am glad to have brought my Manfrotto along.

Will post the new pics in my gallery later.

Happy new year!

And a great thank you to all the readers (esp for the comments- much appreciated!).

(p/s Missed the Zara boxing day sale today! as was doing this slideshow. Went to Zara at 445pm only to be told that they were closing at 5pm. Thought they would open till 8pm. Would now have to buy the non-discounted clothes for my wife!)


Also, please compare this with the Canon 5D MarkII HD movie as well.
Reverie..........
By innternationally acclaimed commercial and editorial photographer and Pulitzer prize winning Vincent Laforet.
Full frame is good but do I need HD movie?
Remember that I have no pulitzer award!


(I think a simple slideshow is good enough to put the message across. Tell me what you think).


I suggest you watch the you tube clip under high quality mode (Just type 'best of cambridge' in the youtube search gadget attached to this blog. Then play the video clip and select high quality mode). Go make yourself a cup of coffee while waiting for it to download. The normal quality clip is just so destructive to the details.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have to watch this at work. Streamyx is a slow drag at home nowadays...since when is it not a drag....?