Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Room Mates- Cambridge, UK

I live with 3 room mates which deserves to be mentioned.

First joker:-
Taiwanese phD holder with MBBS from Nottingham. Researcher in the field of oncology. Interest besides research- Women
Always says that what he is doing is saving people.
''I save lives, you know?'', this is what he says all the time
Yeah, yeah...
Who can afford your bloody chemo drugs!
You only save rich people lah.
When I asks him if there is any nice place to go, he would suggest a particular place and when I ask what so good about that place, he says there got banyak women.
Buaya betul.
He had been attached to a japanese uni before and always boast that he goes out for dinner with ANA airline stewardess all the time.
He is obviously single.
but good looking I must say.

Second Joker:-
This is worse. Software engineer from China. Speaks with a unique accent. Did his undergraduate degree in KDU, Malaysia.
Single as well.
Passion- Singing.
In UK, these Chinese jokers are very kesian one. You know what song is the hottest and latest?
e.g. Wen Pieh by jacky Cheung. I think this song is 10 years old.
Sings all the time.
I am writing this at the moment becoz he is currently singing. So I cannot concenrate on my vasculitis stuff.

Third Joker:-
British teacher with phD.
Haven't seen him for the past 1 week.
Other room-mates says he is doing locum like crazy.
Wah, teacher also got locum punya. Tuition-lah.
He is very smart. Do you know where is his tuition center?
This house.
He rents a room in this house and make this house into a tuition center!
So terror. That's why got phD.

Anyway, my Landlord is Korean.
Ist day I came to Cambridge, he brought 8 cans of beer.
1 forced myself to drink 3/4.
He took 5 cans.
But he is nice.
Always suggest where to get cheap stuff.
Taiwanese says if I follow what the landlord says, then I wouldn't have any friends.
He advice me to buy clothes either from NEXT or ZARA if possible.
NEXT clothes more durable.
ZARA- well spoil after wearing 3-4 times. Then have to throw away. But why must buy? He says fashion-mah.

We have 3 bathrooms that is hardly used.
Not sure where they PU/BO.
Likely only bath once every 3 days or so.

1 comment:

Sian said...

Hi Chow, Long time. Didn't know you are now in Cambridge, and it looks freezing.
I need a favour.... I remembered your sudoku paper thing. Can you send me your abstract? I want to mention your study in one of my talk "Therapeutic play for children in hospital setting"; play is also important for adults mah....
please email to me: sawsian@gmail.com
Have a nice christmas in U.K.
Go and buy things in christmas sales. I used to queue outside Next on 26december. :p